Prince William has a core group of trained Master Gardeners in the Audubon at Home program who have certified over 100 homes. Homeowners inquire about this program through personal referrals. To make more land in Prince William County wildlife friendly, start to certify your property today.. If you are you ready to make your backyard or community space more environmentally friendly give us a call at 703-792-7747 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Audubon at Home stresses:
- Conservation and protection of water – e.g. by using rain barrels
- Removal of invasive plants
- Replacement of non-native plants with native species
- Reduction or elimination of commercial fertilizers and pesticides
- Greater preservation of public and private natural areas
- The ASNV Audubon at Home initiative is helping people bring nature back to the homes and communities here in northern Virginia.
Article reprinted with permission from Virginia Wildlife Magazine, a publication of the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries (www.dgif.virginia.gov).